For World Anthropology Day, we asked Paul Stoller to share his thoughts on the urgent need for a more public anthropology, as well as his ideas about blogging as one particular way to reach that public. Paul’s forthcoming book, Adventures in Blogging: Public Anthropology and Popular Media, will be available in April. read more…
teaching cultureThe purpose of this blog is to build a community of anthropologists interested in pedagogy and to provide them with a reputable source of information and a way to share news on teaching anthropology, publishing in the field, new innovations, and new books.
- Five Simple Steps for Helping Students Write Ethnographic Papers
- Eating Culture: Sample Student Assignments for the Anthropology of Food
- Teaching Anthropology of/through Games, Part 1
- Announcing ethnoGRAPHIC: A New Series
- A Teacher’s Review of Ancestral Lines: The Maisin of Papua New Guinea and the Fate of the Rainforest