Years ago (in 1997, to be exact), University of Toronto Press published a short ethnography by Anne Meneley entitled Tournaments of Value: Sociability and Hierarchy in a Yemeni Town. This book continues to be assigned as required reading in anthropology courses around the world, and we are pleased to be able to share the syllabus for an introductory cultural anthropology course, taught by Dr. Leo Coleman, in which the book is currently being used. read more…
teaching cultureThe purpose of this blog is to build a community of anthropologists interested in pedagogy and to provide them with a reputable source of information and a way to share news on teaching anthropology, publishing in the field, new innovations, and new books.
- Five Simple Steps for Helping Students Write Ethnographic Papers
- Eating Culture: Sample Student Assignments for the Anthropology of Food
- Teaching Anthropology of/through Games, Part 1
- Announcing ethnoGRAPHIC: A New Series
- A Teacher’s Review of Ancestral Lines: The Maisin of Papua New Guinea and the Fate of the Rainforest